Social Icons

Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Are you a Sports Fan – Sachin Karpe?


When we hear Sports and the first few names that come to most of our minds would be a Sachin Tendulkar, a MSD or a Rahul Dravid and many more cricketers. This was the scenario a few years back according to some sports experts in my group at work and among friends. I Sachin Karpe personally love to follow and also have played cricket and football in my school days and can sit for hours watching these matches.

My point being that if I Sachin Karpe ask my friend and others to name a few cricketers the list is never ending, but when the same comes to any other sports it’s a long pause to recollect even the top 2 players of the respective sport. This situation by itself speaks out loud the visibility and reach of the other games among the Indian audience.

Now the question by my friends being why does the common man or the audiences need to know about the players of the respective sport? I explained if I Sachin Karpe was just a stranger to them will they be bothered about my whereabouts. Rather the simpler answer to it if an individual know a well known player it implies that he or she follows the game and is aware about its happenings.

This has changed quite a bit but not in case of all sports as my friends Sachin Karpe is aware of tennis to certain players and few other individuals like Leander Paes, Sania Mirza,  Anand Vishvanathan, Dilip Tirkey, Sunil Chhetri and a few more.

The visibility for other sports personalities in India is changing, but the change is not that drastic to be noticed by all. Today brands are ready to endorse with player other than cricketers and that in itself is a good sign for the Sports in India.

0 comments:

Post a Comment